Basically, “Your connection is not private” or “Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID” error appears on screen due to the SSL error. SSL (secure sockets layers) is used by the Websites to keep all the information you enter on their pages private and secure. If you are getting the SSL error Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID in Google chrome, it means your internet connection or your computer is preventing Chrome from loading the page securely and privately.
I hope, now you are well familiar with – what is an SSL connection error? Now, let’s know Why SSL error or “Your connection is not private” error occur in Google Chrome?
Why SSL errors occur?
There is various reason of SSL errors occurrence, but some of the most important reasons why SSL warnings occur are:
- The certificate is not issued by a recognized third part: Certificate creation is not a tough job, anyone can easily create SSL certificate. That’s why, Google Chrome examines to see whether a site’s certificate came from a trusted organization or not. If the site’s certificate is not detected from a trusted organization then Google Chrome can’t provide the access.
- The site’s certificate is not up-to-date: In case, the site’s certificate is from a trusted organization but not up-to-date from a long time then Google Chrome cannot verify that the site is still secure and private.
- The connection between the browser and the website might not be secure: Sometimes, it happens due to the unsecure combination of the Internet connection between the browser and the website.
Now, if you are quite clear with the terms – what is an SSL connection error? And Why SSL error or “Your connection is not private” error occurs in Google Chrome? then let’s know the methods to fix your connection is not private error in chrome.
How to Fix “Your connection is not private” Error
You haven’t to perform any complex settings in order to fix “Your connection is not private” in chrome. Only you have to check and fix the issue due to which your Internet connection or your computer is stopping Google Chrome from loading the page privately and securely. Here’s how:
Method 1: Check the Date and Time
In most of the cases, computer’s inaccurate date and time are the biggest cause of an SSL error or “Your connection is not private” error message. If you want to get rid of Google Chrome “Your connection is not private” error message then update your device’s clock. Once you corrected the date and time on your PC, you will not face this error again.
Method 2: Check the Antivirus Software
If your computer’s date and time are up to date, but still you are facing the privacy error “your connection is not private” then you need to check the antivirus software installed on your computer. Sometimes antivirus programs block the website’s security certificate and in result you face “your connection is not private” error on Web browsers. Here’s what to do:
- If you have installed the Avast Free Antivirus to protect your PC then you will have to turn off HTTPS scanning in Avast. To do so, go to Settings → Active Protection → Web Shield → Customize, and finally uncheck the “Enable HTTPS scanning” box.
- If you are using Bitdefender Antivirus Software to get the best real-time security for your PC then you need to turn off SSL scan. To do this, firstly open the main interface of Bit defender and then go to Settings (which is located at upper right corner). Now from there, click on Privacy Control → Antiphishing tab → turn OFF the Scan SSL.